Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Music Review: "Of Monsters & Men"



I just bought tickets for 50% markup for "Of Monsters & Men". Normally that's totally against protocol for me. I am totally committed to only paying the ticket price.  But here's the thing -  I can't stop listening to these guys, and I know I'll regret it if I don't go see them in 2 weeks when they are here.


They've been dubbed "the new Arcade Fire" and the "Iceland's Mumford & Sons" by Rolling Stone. Since those two bands are both in the top 5, I had to hear these guys. And of course, the Iceland connection makes you think of Sigur Ros, another favourite. So take a listen, and if you're really keen, why not buy some 50% mark-up tickets (still only $36) to come see them with Matt & I at the end of March. 


Check it out - their top single "Little Talks". But pretty much the whole "Into the Woods" EP is awesome.



3 comments:

fraser said...

See you there! You should also come for dinner before.

Jenny said...

Okay, thank you for this. Wish I could come with you! :)

theRachel said...

I think you definitely made the right decision! Love the song - am going to check out the EP!